Thursday, September 4, 2008

My one wish for today.....

Good health...........

Seems simple, right?

Well let me tell you, in this house it doesn't seem to be at the moment.

We all have strep throat again. That's right folks, I say again because this is the second time in ONE month!!

Oh, and did I tell you that everyone has it?

Well, almost everyone.

Kevin doesn't have it. Never does get it. Oh, don't get me wrong, I am thankful because he can take care of the kids while I "rest". (insert laugh here, because even though he is home, I can't truly rest for all the screaming, kids running in the room, etc.)

No, seriously.....I am thankful that he is home to help with them.

This time the strep hasn't been bad for 2 out of the 4 of us. Gertie started feeling bad on Sunday night and actually felt better today. She WILL be going to school tomorrow!!

Beatrice and Mr. Man must have missed the memo that they even had strep, because they haven't lost a wink of sleep over it. They did test positive, so they are on antibiotics.

Oh yeah......................side note: Mr. Man took his medicine all by himself (meaning we didn't have to spank, bribe or otherwise demean him into it) LOL!!!!!!! Those parents who have been blessed with compliant children who are willing to do said task, take heart, there is another side out there, and it gets ugly. Words cannot express how happy I was when he said, Mommie, I take my medicine now?

So excited in fact, that today he got his medicine twice.

Yes, I did say twice. Don't worry, he is fine. I called poison control, the doctor's office and the pharmacy. Let's just say that I was slightly freaking out.

Let me explain why this incident happened.

Kevin had to leave early this morning for an appointment. He was being a good Daddy and gave Mr. Man his medicine-but forgot to tell me. So, as I was trying to fix myself some breakfast, Mr. Man came into the kitchen and made his bold statement. Being so excited, I said sure!!

After giving him the medicine and jumping for joy, I hear a voice from in the living room saying "Daddy already gave him his medicine".................What? Do you mean today? Are you sure?

Now I am in panic mode.

I know, it is only an antibiotic, but in my mind it was the same as overdosing on some street drug.

~Overreacting, party of one, your table is ready!

Anyway, after calling all of the said people, I was told unanimously that he would be fine. He may get diarrhea, but he would be okay.

Thank you, cause I was seriously feelin' like crappy Mom of the Year. By the way, I get this award every year, for the last 11 years, don't try to take it, it is mine!

So, after all of this, I have the most humongous tonsils in the history of man. I will spare you on all of the nasty, and I mean nasty details. Although I did take a picture and really thought about posting it!!

I feel like a MACK truck has hit me and then backed up and went for another round. So as I try and get some sleep tonight, I will say my prayers and pray for health.

It is only overrated when you are not the one sick!

Here's hoping that your family is healthy!

Blessings,
Kim


0 comments: