Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tis the season.....

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? I have been trying for many years to get organized enough to start early and finish early. I have had better luck this year. I have gotten a few gifts for a couple of people and wow......I sure feel a sense of relief! I am one of those people who wait until the last minute. Not purposely, but it seems as though there is always a reason why I cannot go sooner. Money, time, money, money, did I say money?
I ran across this the other day, and thought that it has a great message behind it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVqqj1v-ZBU

I am not sure of the church behind it, but I do know that the message definitely rings true. There are many other things that we should be focused on. We have lost the sense of the true Christmas spirit, and what that means for us as Christians.

As we enter into the season, let us not forget that Jesus is the reason for the season! Let your focus be on the miracle of His birth and His life. But never forget that He died to set you free so that you may be able to live and live abundantly!

Because God has given us so much, share some of the goodness that God has provided you with! Invest in some extra gifts for children that may not be as fortunate. If will make your heart smile and bless that child!

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php

This organization is a wonderful way to give to children around the world. Check out their website and you will find yourself wanting to spread the Christmas spirit.

I hope that this day has found you in the house of the Lord!

Blessings,
Kim

0 comments: