Monday, December 8, 2008

I found the bug..or it found me......

So, after my last post, I was feeling pretty confident that I wouldn't get the stomach bug that my darling children had passed amongst themselves. I guess, truth be told that I was a little too confident. Arrogant, if you will.

"It's just gonna skip me this time....no need to worry, I escaped with just a tummy ache!"

Famous last words, I tell ya.

Words of a fool.

On Saturday, I had to take my state final for math. I knew that the possibility of me getting sick was a great one, so I prayed real hard for God to spare me this one. I really didn't want to be known as the girl with the trash can at the final.

He did.

Remember how I talked a while back about praying specifically?

Yeah, God does have a sense of humor, for any of you who had any doubt.

I got home from my final and decided to take a shower and get ready for the game.

What game? Was there anything else on TV at 4:00? I mean the Gator /Alabama game.

Anyway, we won, end of story.

So, after the game was over, I knew that I still didn't feel well and thought that it would be a good idea to go to bed.

A few minutes later, Kevin started throwing up....(I know that this is not pleasant, but I am just stating the facts, people) still, in my cockiness, I thought that I wouldn't get it!

I laid down and about an hour later, was awakened from a dead sleep to my stomach churning. Great, there is no escape after all!

Oh yeah, there it was!

So, now Kevin and I both are having stomach issues! Gertie was at her Grandmother's house so she was none the wiser, but Beatrice was stuck with Mr. Man duty all of the next morning.

She was amazing with him, really doing the "big sister" thing!

We were more than thankful that she was able to help out, cause we were a bit indisposed!

So, the moral of the story is this, don't get cocky and think that you are above the stomach bug! It can and will come back to haunt you. Pray specifically that you will not only not get it on a certain day, but that it will not come AT ALL!

I have my last final tonight....I am really glad that this semester is almost over! It has been a hard one, but I know in the end it will all be worth it!

I hope that you are all having a great day!
Blessings,
Kim

0 comments: