Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A birthday weekend......

Well, our birthday weekend has come and gone. Kevin has officially made it over the hill and I am not quite there yet, but will be soon enough!!

We had a great time celebrating our birthdays and enjoyed some special time with special people.

It started on Friday night when we met Kevin at Red Lobster for dinner. We each ate some delicious food and enjoyed the waiters singing "Happy Birthday" to Kevin.

On Saturday, I was awakened to my kids making me breakfast. They made me waffles with peanut butter and syrup-one of my favorites!! But...........

Beatrice didn't realize that you had to turn the heat up on the toaster so that the waffles would actually defrost, so they were cold in the center!! lol!!

We spent the day just lounging around and then went to eat at a Japanese Steak House. It was alot of fun and some friends met us there for supper. We got finished and knew that we needed some dessert!

We all headed to Cold Stone for some delicious ice cream!! I had a great time.

Then on Sunday night after church I arranged for some of Kevin's family and some of our close friends to meet us at a local restaurant. He was surprised and loved that we got together! I would say that his birthday was a huge success. He enjoyed all of the festivities and I did also!! Here are a couple of pics to show the fun..............


















I am thankful that I have people in my life that spent mine and Kevin's birthday with us. I am very blessed!

Blessings to you,
Kim

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

wish i could have been there to share in your birthday fun!!!.... not really, i just want some cold stone
ha ha
love you!!!

jennifer said...

Ummm....where was my make-up :) I guess where it always seems to be...in the make-up bag - LOL! I love you and Kevin - thanks for letting us "hang" with you on your B-days!