Saturday, February 28, 2009

On this day........

You know, birthdays come and birthdays go-but some are just more special than others. Today is one of those days.

55 years ago, my Uncle Allen was born into this world. Now trust me, I wouldn't have been able to post this 25 years ago. You see, at that time he was in the midst of what he would call "making me a better person". Translation-torturing me in any way possible!

I am thankful that I have now passed that torch onto my kids. They are able to endure the frustration that I had to. He-he....it is all in the master plan!! Mr. Man knows that when Uncle Allen comes around it is "torture time!"

But somehow, the frustration that I endured when I was younger did make me a better person. The things that he did to torture me made me realize that life is short and you should enjoy it. After all, if you can't laugh at yourself, what fun can you possibly have?

All these years later, and many trials later, he is absolutely my favorite uncle in the world. I am thankful that God prompted me to allow him (Uncle Allen) into my life again (another story). Through all of the ups and downs that we have endured together, one thing has never changed-our love for each other and the bond that we have. He is an amazing man with an amazing story of how God can truly change anyone if they are willing and open. It is a story of forgiveness and obedience, love and what it means to be there for someone....through thick and thin! He is an unbelievable carpenter and has the gift of service.

I love and respect this man with every fiber of my being. He makes me want to be a better person! Everyone who comes into contact with him knows of his love for Christ and how he is just a no non-sense kind of guy. I would love to say that he will read this, but says that the computer is "the devil box". Gotta love him!!

One thing that makes me love him to pieces is the way that he loves my kids. He is a God-send. He loves them each differently, and takes time to get to know each of them for who they are. He shows them unconditional love and does torture them a little...which I like to see!! lol!!

Here's to many more birthdays, Uncle Allen...I love you with all of my heart and soul!

I wanted to show a pic of him, but only found some of him and Mr. Man....they are funny!
This is them making their "mean faces"

This is the first time that Mr. Man went fishing.
I pray that tomorrow finds you in the House of the Lord!
Blessings,
Kim

1 comments:

jennifer said...

So glad you have Uncle Allen in your life :) He is an amazing man. Happy Birthday Uncle Allen!