Sunday, May 24, 2009

{lucky} 13.........

Growing up, I believed in the old wives tale about the number 13.  I believed that it was bad luck.  I believed that you didn't want to have a birthday on that day, or that you never wanted to have that number associated with anything.  I can remember that my fears were confirmed when I realized that there wasn't a 13th floor in hotels!  


But as they say, you grow up and realize that some of the things you were afraid of as a child, just seem silly when you are older.  That is very apparent to me now.  

You see, May 25, 1996 was the day that I chose to marry the man of my dreams.  I am ashamed to say it now, but only recently did I realize just how perfect he is for me.  We have been together for so long that I cannot hardly remember my life before him!  I was 16 and he was 22.  I know, I know......don't worry, he still gets teased about it from me!  I tell him all the time that he was lurking at the playground trying to find a suitable date!!  lol!!  

Funny though, we don't think about our age now, we just see each other for
 who and what we are.  When I look into his eyes, I see what love truly means.  I am thankful that he loves me and accepts me just the way I am.  He makes me want to be a better person, wife and mother.  I am more in love with him today, than ever before.  With him, I have created 3 beautiful children and made tons of memories.  

I look forward to many more happy anniversaries together!  I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with the man of my dreams!  I  am so thankful that when God made Kevin, he made him for me!  He knew that he was perfect for me even when I didn't.  

So, tomorrow will be magic #13........I  am so excited to share this day with him and our kids. Never have I been so happy to see #13!!  

Blessings, 
Kim



















Then..........................                              And now............................

2 comments:

jennifer said...

First...love the new blog layout, :) Second...Happy Anniversary to two amazing people whom I happen to love very much, Third...I'm still here reading your blog - do I get a prize???

Sabrina said...

i love this post... more than many i think i'll ever read