Friday, May 30, 2008

Growing...............



As most of you know, I went to California last weekend. The trip was amazing!! California has the most beautiful scenery, and I was constantly amazed at God's handiwork! I figured that it would be a fun trip, but little did I know how much I would learn on the trip. I have been hesitant to write this blog, simply because I was not sure if I could muster up the true emotions that I have been feeling since my return. Well, here goes............................First of all, let me say that God is so good! After Kevin being out of work for 2 months it was, needless to say, a little stressful to think about me going on this trip, but everything just fell into place, and I knew that it was meant for me to go! It is amazing how God knew what I needed, when I needed it!! On this trip, I was able to have some "Me" time, in which I did alot of reflection. I took the opportunity to sit back and do some soul searching about some things in my life, to listen to God, and to allow Him to guide me in some decisions. I realize now, more than ever that I am to be a light, and although that is not always easy, He didn't promise it would be!! I am to love others where THEY are, not where I would like them to be!! I have been so tremendously blessed to have such wonderful Godly friends that encourage me, and I pray that I am able to return the blessing! Everything that I have been given is of God, and I am trying to remember to be thankful for every blessing that I have, as it can be easily taken away! So, while the trip to the others may have been a get-away, for me, this was the trip that I needed.......in more ways than one!!

Blessings,

Kim

1 comments:

Charnelle said...

Wow, I am so glad to finally see pictures :-) Your new Blog is so pretty! I am glad you enjoyed your trip and were able to learn and grow from it. God is working on us ALL the time, isn't he.....and aren't we glad he is! Well, I am just glad you guys are back at home :-)
Love, Me