Saturday, June 14, 2008

Enduring...........

I haven't blogged in a few days......I kinda felt that there was nothing exciting to write about, but then I realized that I was just going through a listening time. Listening to what????? Well, My Heavenly Father. I have been going through some personal issues and knew that I needed to rely on God with my whole heart. You know, saying that phrase seems easy, right? I mean, for those who call themselves Christians, we are supposed to lean on Him with everything that we have-but how often do we give it to Him, and then take it right back? I know that I am guilty of this.....just because it is not in OUR timing, we feel that God has somehow "stepped out to lunch" and is not aware of our situation. But I have been confronted with how much God is in control over the last 3 months. I know that nothing happens without His approval. Sometimes that may bring pain for us, but He will see us through that pain. Now notice, I did not say that He would take the pain away, but He will walk along side us as we endure.
So, as it has been almost 3 months since Kevin lost his job, we are in an "uncomfortable" time. We are not able to go and do as we were accustomed, and that has taken some adjustments, but nothing that has been too painful. We are really trying to multi-task to save on gas and have stayed home ALOT!! We have learned alot about each other during this time....I believe that is one of the reasons that God has allowed this storm to come to our family. Things have been fairly easy until recently. I told Kevin that I just wanted to go buy something!! You know how sometimes a purchase can make everything seem better!! Well, I am not able to do that at this time......oh wait, I did go to the dollar store and I bought a mini-cutting board!!!! It cost me a whole dollar!! I was excited with that purchase (I needed one!) and it fulfilled that need that was creeping up within me!
So, it is with a humble heart that I ask for your prayers. We are in need of an amazing job for Kevin! I know that since it has been this long, that God has something way beyond what we would ever ask for, in store for Kevin. Coming into these summer months when the kids are out of school, it is nice to have him around, but we need the income!! LOL!! That air conditioner doesn't pay for itself!! Some of you may be wondering if anything has come his way. Well, he has actually had a couple of offers. We have carefully considered each one, and we do not feel that the Lord is leading us in either direction. Either the pay was not what it needed to be, or there were insurance issues, or the drive, etc. Kevin and I have both agreed that if we do not feel it is in God's will, then he cannot accept it! We all know that the worst place to be for a Christian is out of God's will!
Thank you for those who have already been in prayer for this situation.....we know that people are intervening on our behalf. We are excited for what God has in store for us! I am sure that the best is yet to come!!
Blessings,
Kim

0 comments: