Thursday, August 21, 2008

Goodbye summer, hello school.......

Well, it is finally here! The one thing that I love/hate the most-school. Like most stay at home Moms, it is a breath of fresh air to have the summer months begin......not to have a schedule, to be able to have some freedom with our day. Then, it gets old. Real old, real fast. The older that I get, the more I realize that I do like structure. Don't get me wrong, I like to be able to enjoy a day without being worried about the time, but I have a tendency to wander aimlessly. So, when Monday came, I was singing "Oh happy day!" I felt as though I could conquer the world. I knew that I wanted to start some new habits, and this was the perfect day to start.


I have been a member of http://www.flylady.net/ for a few months now, and I feel like it is finally starting to sink in. If you struggle with getting all of your to do list finished and feel frazzled, then this is a great place to start. She has wonderful ideas that really make sense, and doesn't threaten your life with unrealistic expectations. I have found alot of her ideas to be very insightful, and have even started to really pay attention to some personal habits that I have.


So, as I got ready on Monday morning, I realized that my "baby" was going into the 6th grade!!

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Where has the time gone?


I look around and see that my middle child is going into the 2nd grade, and I am quite certain that she will be getting married in about a week.......and then I am absolutely convinced that it will be another 6 months and Mr. Man will be attending the University of Florida!

We have a tradition for the first day of school. We get up and I make a big breakfast of anything that they want. This year they wanted pancakes, sausage and orange juice. Then we get dressed and go outside to take pictures. I like that I have done this since Beatrice was in kindergarten. It is fun to go and look back on how much they have changed.

I usually go into the classroom and take a few pics with the teacher and with some friends, but this year I was rushed!! The teachers were really on the ball and I was not able to take any pictures, but I did get the ones outside...................













Gertie is such a diva!!














My baby is growing up too fast!!
















After snapping a few pics and dropping the girls off at school, we were headed home. As we were walking, Mr. Man wanted me to take his picture. He had to pose for a few shots himself........

Mr. Man loves to have his picture taken!!
Here is to another school year....I look forward to what this new one brings!
Blessings,
Kim

0 comments: