Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy birthday Mr. Man...........



Three years ago today my life was forever changed. Three years ago, God gave me a gift unlike anything that I had ever received, and will not ever get again. On this day, He gave me a son. For most people, a pregnancy is filled with 9 months of waiting on that precious baby and all that being pregnant brings.

I am not one of those people.

I was not given the ability to be a good pregnant person. It is not that I don't like being pregnant, it is just that I can't do it for very long.

I had Beatrice when I was 27 weeks pregnant.


I had Gertie when I was 34 weeks pregnant.


And not to be outdone, I had Mr. Man at 34 weeks also.


So if you look at it, I just got better with time and allowed them to bake a little longer.

With Mr. Man, I started having pre-term labor at 16 weeks. I had to get weekly progesterone shots to keep the bun in the oven til it was at least partially done.

I went on bed rest when I was about 20 weeks. Complete bed rest.

For the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy I was in the hospital.

Not fun, but of course it was just what I did for the sake of my baby's health.


During those 4 weeks-


I cried.......I had 2 other children at home that missed me and wanted me home.


I prayed......God really used this time for reflection and for a chance to have some serious alone time with me.


I watched t.v................alot.


I was more primped than ever before............just in case I would have the baby, I wanted to have clean hair and shaved legs!


I had been having contractions everyday, and I mean everyday since I had been at the hospital. On this particular day, I was emotionally spent. I was hurting so bad and just ready for all of this to be over so I could see my precious gift and get home to my other babies.


I almost begged my doctor to just take the baby............he wouldn't.

Then the contractions kept coming and wouldn't stop. He finally said yes!

I was taken into the delivery room and prepped for the birth of my baby.......words cannot express how excited I was for this moment to finally be here!

We didn't want to know the sex of the baby. We wanted to be surprised as we knew that this one would be our last.

Having 2 girls already, I was almost positive that I was destined to have another girl.

We instructed my OB to not tell us the sex of the baby, but to just hold it up and let us see for ourselves. (I had a c-section)

He held up this wrinkled little, tiny thing..............and it had boy parts!!

I knew that instant that everything would be different..............
and is it ever!!


He is nothing like his sisters. He looks just like Gertie when she was little, but that is where the similarities stop.





He is ALL boy.


ALL.


BOY.





As I am typing this, he is in my bathroom making "boy" noises and getting into everything that he possibly can.


I did not imagine that my world would change as much as it has, but I cannot imagine it not being filled with.........

spiderman toys,


balls and other sports equipment,


cars and the general noises that say a


boy lives here!


I am so thankful that God choose to give me this special gift. I know that He will use Mr. Man in a mighty way.

He is, after all going to be a University of Florida football player/Christian singer/Spiderman by night/preacher.


Not necessarily in that order.


Happy birthday Mr. Man!! I am thankful for you and all of the blessings that you bring to my life!

Blessings,

Kim

0 comments: