Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We have a new family member.......

You know, there are many times where I realize that my actions are on the verge of total insanity....I know this. I have a few weaknesses in life that I have to really work on, so that they do not get the best of me.

I have a hard time driving by Krispy Kreme when the "hot now" sign is on.

I have a hard time passing up a good sale on bleach or other "antibacterial" items.

I really have an abnormal liking for Christmas decorations and have a hard time finding the right ones to go with my theme.


But there is one thing that I must confess gets me everytime......

"Hi, my name is Kim and I am a puppy-holic."

There, I said it!


I simply cannot pass up a cute, ball of fur.........puppy breath and all!!! (which really is one of my favorite things!)


So......................on Saturday, we went to find a pumpkin. On the way to school I have seen this pumpkin patch and thought that it would be fun to let everyone carve a pumpkin. I was praying for God to take my control issues away from me and to allow me to actually let the kids carve their own.

{GASP}


This may seem like a no-brainer for some of you, but for me, I am all about the decorations.......I especially like it when they are

perfect!

Okay, so I know that this means that my kids usually don't get to carve their own pumpkin or decorate the Christmas tree, but they look really good.


So, in my effort to allow them to be kids and have their own project that I didn't do myself help them with, we went to the pumpkin patch. When we pulled up, a lady met us and said that the pumpkins were actually not in very good shape and we should come back on Sunday.

We decided to go another way home, and my radar is always buzzing for items that we would love.

Off to the left in our local grocery store parking lot was a cage full of puppies!! I asked my wonderful husband to turn around so we could see what kind they were. Turns out they were just my kind!! AMAZING, huh?


I always love a bargain and these were the ultimate bargain..........FREE!!!!


We let the kids get out and see them and they fell in love with all of them! I knew that one might be attainable, but to ask for 10 dogs would just seriously be out of the question!

We looked for the perfect one and got her!

Can I introduce you to our precious new baby....................

LUCY LOU COGDILL!!

She was born on September 12, 2008, and she is about this big (see?) and weighs about as much as a bottle of shampoo. She has brown hair and blue eyes. She is so sweet and we love her already!








We look forward to a long life with Lucy. We have not had good luck with dogs since we have been living here.......sometimes people like to take things that don't belong to them. Our dog was one of them.
I will keep you posted on her progress, as I am sure that she is already the smartest puppy in the world! lol!
Blessings,
Kim

0 comments: